The Writer’s Promise is a mission statement, a reminder when distractions abound of what is important, and a pledge to the art of writing. It is a personal choice, and almost certainly won’t suit everyone. You can, however, draft your own, or – even better – just get on and write.
- I am a Writer.
- I am a Writer. My primary goal is to write.
- I am a Writer. All related activity is subservient to the primary goal of writing, except where the pursuit is as enjoyable/rewarding as writing itself.
- I am an independent Writer. I measure success by my own standards.
- I am an independent Writer. I will treat this vocation with the high degree of professionalism it merits.
- I am an independent Writer who has great freedom. I will champion those services and people whose values echo my own, and who demonstrate exceptional quality in their own field.